Roofs are an essential part of anyone’s property. As it is responsible for protecting your home as a whole, it must remain durable over time. However, as it should withstand various elements, its deterioration is unavoidable— especially given its vulnerable parts. Today, your trusted local roofing contractor will enumerate some of them in this post as a guide.
- Attic space. Remember that impaired wood, water stains, damp insulation, and mold are significant indicators that water penetrated this area. Although these are less likely to get exposed to water due to their location, other material issues found in the exterior increase those chances.
- Fascia. This is the vertical frieze or band under the roof’s edge that forms the outer surface. It’s considered one of the weaker parts of your roofing, which must be taken care of regularly if you want your gutter system to stay in place. If you see any water damage, you can call for professional help right away.
- Ridge vents. Roof repair experts note that air exhaust vents are installed at the roof’s peak. Because they are located at the top, leaks are likely to form at this spot. If you observe wet or stained wood, then you should schedule an appointment with your roofer to have your vents replaced right away.
- Roof valley. Here is where two downward-sloping roof planes meet. Water runoff is channeled through this area before flowing through the gutters and away from your home. Flashing must be installed over the valley, which suggests the material must be tightly adhered to prevent water seeping into the roof’s inner layers.
- Shingles. Indeed, high winds can loosen or blow shingles off. Hailstones can damage them upon impact, while blistering heat can cause them to become dry and brittle over time. Once these are neglected, leaks will eventually form, leaving your home open to water damage.
Need work done on your roofing and gutters? For over 25 years, Northwest Construction has proven to be an excellent family-owned roofing contractor business capable of providing high-quality workmanship that offers results that are sure to satisfy you and your family. We are recognized as a GAF Master Elite® Certified roofing contractor, an A+ Certified member of the Better Business Bureau®, and have continuously received Angie’s List “Super Service Award”!
Contact us through (313) 277-7676 or fill out our contact form to request an estimate for any inquiries. We proudly serve clients and homeowners in Canton, Farmington Hills and Livonia, MI.